L-Robin Wilson-President of the Quinnipiac Chamber of Commerce,
C-Mike Freda-First Selectman of North Haven, R-JP Venoit-Chairman of the Board of the Quinnipiac Chamber of Commerce and President of Ashlar Village at Masonicare.
A Note from the President
I can not say that this has been an easy year. You all
know what we’ve been going through. However, as you
can see from the statistical information in this report,
your QChamber is maintaining a high level of activity and
advocacy for you, our business members.
We have been here since 1915 and we will continue to be
here for you through good times and rough times. It’s
during the tougher times that people really need a place
to go to talk with other businesses, share problems,
solutions and issues—and to reach out and get help
through the huge amount of resources that we can offer
As a result, the amount of participation and networking
has increased a great deal and one of the most amazing
and fulfilling results of that is not only how much
everyone is able to help each other—but how much
business is actually generated! Much of it is indirect—as
you get to know another member, the trust builds and
you’re likely to refer that member. But you have to use
it to benefit. It’s just like a gym membership...if you join
and don’t use it, you’ll get nothing from it.
BUT if you “WORK OUR QCHAMBER...IT WILL WORK FOR
We are seeing a steady uptick in many areas such as
global commerce and manufacturing. The ripple effect
will trickle down—albeit in a slow fashion. We’re here to
help you in any way we can.
Thank you, Robin
Highlights of the Year
• Added 113 new members to our roster!
• Testified dozens of times - through working with our
lobbyists, Legislative Committee, other chambers
business organizations - to fight bills that
would raise the cost of doing business in CT and/or
• Completed the “Buy A Brick Program” with the North
Haven Fire Department which resulted in our donating
$2,600 to their bicycle helmet program!
• New! Developed Strategic Planning Committee
• New! Developed “Mentor-A-Member” Program
• New! Developed Two New Networking Skills Programs
that are free to new and existing members
• New! Que Pasa Group held a Holiday Fiesta and raised
dollars for scholarships for Hispanic students
• New! Organized about 30 Grand Opening/Ribbon
• New! Wellness Council presented a series of programs
for members on “Wellness in the Workplace”!
• New! Redesigned our website and QC Blog (available
on our website)!
• New! Developed a “Business Partner” sponsorship
• Thanks to sponsors of our Networking Programs:
• For QWIN, Wellness, QNet & QBikers: Comfort
Keepers, Fish Window Cleaning, Atty Lori Fusco,
Wilson Furniture & Upholstery,
Calcagni, Sign-A-Rama, Barnum Financial/MetLife,
Girl Scouts of Connecticut, Inc.,
Signs by Tomorrow,
Advanced Allergy Relief of CT, Gaylord Specialty
Healthcare, Healthtrax, LifeTiled, Hampton
Naugatuck Savings Bank