2023-2024 Connecticut Energy Assistance Program

2023-2024 Connecticut Energy Assistance Program

*Please note that the 2023-2024 energy assistance season concluded on May 31st, 2024.
Please contact us at the end of September 2024 and we will schedule you for the
2024-2025 heating season. 

The 2023-2024 energy assistance season will officially begin on Tuesday, October 3rd for North Haven residents.  Energy assistance appointments will be conducted via phone on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9am-12pm.    All paperwork for signature and required documents will be requested after the phone appointment.  

Your household may be eligible for CEAP if each of you can answer YES to the following questions. As a reminder, your household includes every person who lives in your home (including your children, spouse, grandparents, roommates, etc.):

  • Are you a Connecticut resident?
  • Do you or anyone in meet one of the following income guidelines?

o    If you or any person in your household receive any of the following benefits: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Family Assistance (TFA / TANF), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), State Supplement for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (State Supp), Refugee Cash Assistance, or

o    Your annual household income falls at or below the income levels in the table (i.e. 60% of the state’s median income)     


CT Energy Assistance Program 23-24 Benefit Matrix




2-Person Family

3-Person Family

4-Person Family

5-Person Family


7-person Family

8-person Family











If yes, call and schedule your appointment (North Haven residents only):  203-239-2566.

Gather your energy and/or water documents:  You will either need a copy of your most recent heating bill (if applying for Heating Assistance), electric bill (if applying for Heating Assistance), and water bill (if applying for Water Assistance), or a copy or photo of your rental lease showing that your utilities are included in your rent.

Gather your income documents (as needed):  If you or anyone in your household currently receives benefits like SNAP or cash assistance you automatically meet the income requirements and do not need to gather any income documents. If you don’t get one of those benefits, you need to submit proof of income. Specifically:

If you or anyone in your household (18 or older) is employed, you must provide a copy or photo of paystubs that show income from 4 consecutive weeks anytime in the last 3 months, or a signed letter from payroll department/employer stating your income in this time period.

If you or anyone in your household is self-employed (e.g., freelancer, side-gigger, contractor, small business owner), you must provide a copy or photo of a completed Self-Employment Worksheet and your most recently filed IRS Form 1040, including all schedules.

If you or anyone in your household receives additional income, you must provide award letter(s) and/or signed statements, such as benefit verification letters for Social Security, unemployment or veterans’ benefits, contributions from friends/relatives, pensions or annuities, rental income or alimony, child support or adoption benefits.

Pension recipients:  must provide their most recent pension statement OR their most recent bank statement with their IRS 1099 Form.  Signed statement from income source on their letterhead also will be accepted.

*Please note: Energy assistance determinations take forty-five (45) business days. 

For further explanation, to see if you qualify or to schedule your phone appointment, call Community Services at (203) 239-2566 from 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday.