- Refuse must be at the curb by 5:00 A.M.
- Containers must be in clear view, preferably at the curb.
- Refuse containers should be thirty(30) gallon containers with handles.
- Sanitation Division personnel will collect three(3) such containers.
- Refuse containers must NOT weigh more than seventy-five(75) pounds.
- If snow accumulation is two(2) inches or more, containers must be placed at the curb or a path from the curb to the containers must be cleared.
- Loose or carelessly placed refuse will not be collected.
- Cardboard boxes, grocery bags and/or wastepaper baskets are NOT to be used as refuse containers.
- Branches/wood must be cut into 3 to 4 foot lengths, bundled and securely tied.
- Two(2) bundles will be collected each week.
- Carpet must be rolled up, cut into 3 to 4 foot lengths, and securely tied. Carpet is NOT a bulk item.
- Pool covers must be cut, rolled up and securely tied. Pool covers are NOT a bulk item.
- All hazardous waste, demolition materials, propane tanks, car and truck parts and truck/tractor tires, trees stumps, sand, dirt, sod and yard waste will NOT be collected curbside. Call Field Operations at (203) 239-5321 x410 for disposal instructions.
- Proper disposal of hypodermic syringes:The Quinnipiac Valley Health District advise that syringes should be placed in a clean, empty, wide mouthed, one gallon or smaller bleach container. When 2/3 full the container should be securely capped and discarded with the normal refuse. For more information go to http://www.qvhd.org/safedisposal or call (203) 248-4528.
- Trash containers must be returned to their storage location, not visible from the street, within 24 hours of collection.